Give fans exclusive access by locking ticket types behind a code.
What is an Access Code in Tixr Studio?
Access Codes live under TOOLS inside your Group & allow your customers to unlock hidden ticket types in your events. The lock feature will be displayed on the event page, and your access code will need to be entered in order for customers to purchase your access code-protected ticket types.
When do I use them?
Example 1: You are having a pre-sale that is locked only to loyalty members
Example 2: You have a specially priced ticket that you are giving to local residents only
How to create Access codes
1) Click into Tools on the left navigation bar and then click on the Access icon
2) Use the blue "Create New Access List" to make a new code, a new list of codes, or to edit an existing list.3) Enter the Basics
A) Access list name: Create a name for your access list. This is just used for reference in Studio.
B) Start date: The date and time your sale will begin requiring an access code
C) End date: The date and time your sale will stop requiring an access code
*this is optional. To run indefinitely, leave blank
D) Max use per code: Designate the number of times each individual code can be used to unlock a sale.
(i.e., if your loyalty list is 1200 people, you can set this at 1200)
*leave blank for unlimited uses
Note: The max use per code is applied per event.
For example: If the access list is applied to two events, and the max use per code is set to 1, you can use each code in that access list one time per event. You would need to create an access list per event if you want each code to be used once.
4) Codes: Click "Upload Codes" to upload a CSV file of unique codes or click "Add Code" to add new code(s) one by one. You can click the pencil icon on any existing code to edit. When adding a new code, simply type in the code you would like purchasers to use and click "Add". You can click "Save + Add Another" to add the code, while keeping this window up for seamless adding of multiple codes.
5) Apply > Events & Tickets:
A) Select an event to assign this list to: Click + and select any event in your group whose sales you want to lock.
B) Select which event tickets to lock from the dropdown: You may lock multiple sales in any event, and a single code from this Access list will unlock all sales selected.
6) Apply > Tags: Add an existing tag to an access code. This will result in any event or ticket with that tag being locked.
6) Lastly, click Save to finish your Access code setup
💡 Learn how to send Access codes directly to your fans from Tixr Studio > Tools